Downline Refs is one of several referral exchange programs that you can use to get referrals for the paid to click sites (along with other systems you use). This site functions much like a traffic exchange. Here is how it works:
1. You get credits either by responding to sign up offers, viewing ads, referring active new members (you earn credits from their activities as well as commissions whenever they upgrade or buy ad credits), buying ad credits or by upgrading your account
2. As your credits accumulate, you can spend the credits either by posting your link in the advertising area or "bribe" people to join your program using the request referral section.
You almost have to think of Downline Refs like a traffic exchange. Each time you view other peoples' ads, you get page view for your own links. The fastest way to earn credits (as well as building up your reputation) is by responding to sign up offers that people post. For example, one person is offering 600 credits for people to join incentria under him/her. Of course, if you are shy, you can always view other peoples ads and accumulate credits (though it will take long to do it that way).
Pros about Downline refs:
+ Free advertising for paid to click sites
+ PTC site friendly (not all traffic exchange sites are ptc site friendly as is the case at Soaring 4 Traffic, for example)
+ Multiple ways to earn ad credits
+ Like almost any traffic exchange, they do pay you to promote their services. Whenever you refer new members, not only do you get extra credits whenever they surf advertisements, but you also earn commissions whenever you get the few referrals that upgrade or buy advertising.
+ The referral exchange feature can be an extremely valuable resource too (it is also an incentive to let your credits accumulate).
+ You can also build relationships with fellow members this way too.
+ Downline builders like ptc business builder and easy downlines can be popular to promote here, especially considering that many people do post ptc sites, traffic exchanges, and safelists on Downline Refs.
Cons about Downline refs:
- Like any traditional traffic exchange, expect a low conversion rate for your sites (most people will probably view your ads for the credits). By the way, Lead Capture Pages and Splash Pages can be useful here.
- If you use the "request referral" feature, don't expect an immediate response to your offer(s) unless if you are offering lots of credits.
- Every person that responds to your offer is different, so some referrals will be more active than others.
- Joining multiple programs can get overwhelming too. It is possible to join too many sites in the paid to click industry.
- Can take a while for your credits to accumulate (especially if you are only viewing advertisements) and you do need to have at least 100 or more ad credits before you can post offers. Also, ones your ad credits runs out, your ad(s) will disappear and so you will have to repost the ad(s) once you get enough credits again.
Insider Tips on getting the most out of Downline Refs:
1. View ads regularly. Each time you view ads, you get ad credits that you can use to advertise your own links. If you don't even view ads, you do you expect to advertise your own sites? And no, you cannot expect your upline to view ads for you.
2. Consider doing sign up offers periodically. They help you to build up your ad credits faster. They also help you build your reputation too. The higher your reputation level, the more likely fellow members will want to do business with you.
3. You can also upgrade your account and get bonus credits as well. Also, if you need quick credits, you can always buy some.
4. Experimenting will be your best bet for finding out which links are likely to convert better than others.
Have your own say about Downline Refs? Please be sure to post a comment below.