When it comes to growing a business online (especially affiliate programs, downline systems, ptc sites, etc) I am sure you have heard of the concept of "branding yourself" or positioning yourself in a way that people know and recognize you. After all, here on the online web, if you are like most people, you are probably just a small fish in a very large (and always expanding) pond (more like a small fish in a very large ocean). If you submit a website to search engines like google, you probably have 1000's or even 1,000,000's of other websites you are competing with depending on what niche you are in, especially saturated ones. By the way, when googling paid to click review sites, google comes up with 394,000,000 results (quoted from the Google Search results). Most people only search the first 2 pages of google when looking for results. the further back you are in the results, the harder it is for people to find your site(s). By the way, all new websites start with a 0 page rank and it can take time and effort to climb your way to the top of the results and become more reputable. One good way to build reputation is by having a website or blog and one popular blogging platform for online marketers is Empower Network. This system is not free (about $25/month) but you get a professionally blog that you can use to promote yourself as well as your business.
Benefits of Empower Network
- You get your own professional looking blog like the one I have
- Plenty of resources to take advantage of. By the way, EN does offer advanced training courses for building your business, though it does cost money for the extra course. Alternatively there are ebooks, youtube videos and other resources you can check out as well.
- If you enroll in their affiliate program (which costs an extra $19/month to activate and use), whenever you get sign ups, you earn $25 commissions (note that some of them are "passed" up to your upline too. I recommend trying to generate at least 1 sale per day (preferably 3 per day) so you can start earning right away.
- I am a part of a unique team called the Prosperity Team.
- Popular with active network marketers
- Can be useful if you like to write and blog.
- Can also be useful for branding yourself too.
Negative aspects about empower network:
- Does cost money to join empower network ($25/month for the blog, plus $19/month more if you want to activate your affiliate account). Obviously, there are cheaper routes to go if you want to spend less (such as blogger, hub pages, global domains international, and instant blog subscribers). Also, it does cost money to get storage for videos and pictures (an extra $50 per month). There are also extra packages you can get (even a tutorial system, viral blogging academy) but they are not cheap to buy. Don't spend too much. My advice would be to just start with the initial blog and if you want to buy the extra stuff, use earnings you make to buy the upgrades. By the way, you can use empower network to promote other affiliate ads you have (such as other network marketing companies). I know that some uplines may try to pressure you into "going all in" (or buy everything), but don't feel like you have to "go all in" unless if you know what you are doing and have the extra money to invest.
- For some reason, Facebook doesn't allow you to share posts from Empower Network blogs, though ironically twitter does. Will make it trickier to use social media to promote your blogs. My guess: some inconsiderate marketers made a bad name for empower network (such as spammers). You will probably want to set up your feed and encourage people to subscribe to your feed so that they can get updated when you post.
- Ads are not ad enabled. The host puts up ads for empower network on your behalf, but there doesn't seem to be a way to host your own ads.
- As with most income opportunities online, making money with EN does require skill, patience and hard work. Don't join empower network expecting to make millions "overnight". It might happen for some people, but those types are probably skilled or just lucky. For most people, it will take time, money and effort. Think of it as a commission sales job. The more you sell, the more you make.
Earnings disclosure: See http://www.empowernetwork.com/income
Similar systems and opportunities:
- Global Domains International: much cheaper to join than Empower Network (a mere $10/month and that comes with a domain name, web hosting, email boxes you can set up, DIY websites, and even wordpress.org hosted blogs). Note that all new members get a 7 day free trial before having to pay anything.
- Prosperity team hangout: if you decide to join Empower Network, why not join the prosperity team? I joined it under Kimberly Denisse (a well known network marketer) and it is a powerful marketing system that you can use to help build your business).
- Instant Blog Subscribers (basically a free version of empower network, with upgrade options).
- www.blogger.com: if you want a free blog host, I recommend Google Blogger. Probably the easiest way to start blogging and you can get quite a bit from blogger without having to spend a dime. Note that Google does own the content and is not always friendly towards network marketers (blogs can be labeled as "spam" if you are not careful).
- Hub Pages. Great for making mini sites. Note that there are restrictions on affiliate links there.
Tips for getting the most out of Empower Network:
- Make sure you know what you want to blog about. In other words, pick a niche for your blog. What is it about? If you don't know what you want to blog about, you may want to do some brainstorming before joining.
- I recommend joining Prosperity team and going through all of the training they offer. Also, if you can I recommend attending at least some (if not all) of the prosperity team webinars and hangouts. You can learn from the pros that way.
- Ideally, you should try to set quotas for yourself on the number of leads of sign ups. Ideally, you should try to get at least 1 sign up per day at minimum (3 would be ideal). This way you are guaranteed to earn at least $25 per day ($75 per day with 3 sign ups). At $25 per day, you make $150 per week assuming you get at least one sign up every day, more if they take advantage of the affiliate program and upgrades. Most people probably won't take advantage of the upgrades (at least not right away) unless if they have the extra money and comfortable with the extra investments. I know getting sign ups can be easier said than done for some people, but the sooner you start generating sales, the better and the sooner you will start earning. There are many ways you can go about it too, such as blogging every day, posting ads on craigslist and other classified ad directories, using traffic exchanges and paid to click sites to generate leads (hopefully some of them convert to sales), using offline techniques (such as word of mouth, trade shows, door to doo sales, etc),etc.
- You should try to add new posts almost every day for maximum traffic and exposure to your blogs.